British Student Dies After Drinking Red Bull

February 6, 2009 at 1:18 am Leave a comment

After drinking at least four cans of Red Bull at a nightclub, 21-year-old Chloe Leach collapsed and died from cardiac arrhythmia. It is thought that her arrhythmia was worsened by the high level of caffeine present in her body from the energy drinks.

Coroner Geoffery Saul ruled out drug use and excessive drinking as causes of death and said none of her decisions “reflected badly” on her. While not officially diagnosed, Leech likely had QT syndrome which affects the heart’s electric activity.

Chloe Leach also suffered from epilepsy. According to Tina Leach, her daughter regularly took her epilepsy medication and monitored with her caffeine consumption. “She would drink Red Bull occasionally and was aware it contained caffeine,” Tina said.

More story: British Student Dies After Drinking Red Bull

Advertisements

Entry filed under: Uncategorized.

Chinese Earthquake May Have Been Man-Made Man Issued 50 Traffic Citations… In One Day

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Trackback this post  |  Subscribe to the comments via RSS Feed


February 2009
M T W T F S S
« Jan   Apr »
 1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
232425262728  

Recent Posts

Pages


%d bloggers like this: